25.2.10

Professional Dilemma

"Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveller, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;"

- An excerpt from 'The Road Less Traveled' by Robert Frost

This is where I currently stand at the moment. The is a new position open at my company in a different department. It is a tempting job, more money, different sort of work. Shifts rotate between 7am and 11pm rather than the 8:30am to 6pm at the moment. In the new position, if you finish after 6 then you get a cabcharge home. The job is basically a advanced data entry position. I would at least be off the phones.

My dilemma is that my work at the moment is becoming enjoyable. I am getting more and more work so I am no longer bored. I am being trained on the back-end systems and how to run the mangerial reports. I am responsible for running the statictics each day and creating the reports for the GM to view.

My dilemma is that do I apply for the more money and new type of work or do I stay where I am and get further development in my current position for a better position in the long run?

Sigh.

No comments: