9.2.10

More terrible decisions...

I know what your thinking but this is not mine. Every now and again there is a news article that really annoys me (It might be my fault for reading www.news.com.au. The online version of The Daily Terrorgraph). Today I managed to come across this article. Some of the comments have some sort of commonsence about them but majority don't.

I am a smoker. I don't smoke anywhere near as much as I used to but I still do. I have been asked in the past "why?". I enjoy it. Its been quite a few years since smoking was banning in pubs and clubs within Australia. Yes, it happened state by state but it is now Australia wide. It is ok, a minor inconvienice but still, ok. Earlier this year, a ban was put on smoking in cars with children. This I can understand also. Unfortuantly, this is one ban that I can see being adopted Australia wide and I am against it.

I can understand where people who don't like it come from but these are the same people that walk around cities where hundred of tonnes of carbon dioxide are pumped into the air (and their lungs) by peak hour traffic. These are clear, open areas that people are smoking and general public places. The smoke disapparates and just fades into the general pollution.

Besides all of these point, the most basic one is that it is legal. Soon, the only place that people will be able to smoke with be in their own backyard. Its absolute garbage. The government would love to ban it i'm sure but that love all the money that the taxes bring in. I feel that this is a attack of civil liberties and they are trying to make people who smoke into petty criminals.

This is me. Outraged.

No comments: